I didn't read it because it's "statutory language"
0 comment Tuesday, May 27, 2014 |
Photo credit: Lido Vizzutti/Flathead Beacon
Asked at a town hall meeting whether he'd even read the bill, Senator Baucus, Obamacare's architect, had this to say:
"I don�t think you want me to waste my time to read every page of the health care bill. You know why? It�s statutory language," Baucus said. "We hire experts." (Umm, sir, we hired you.)
"It�s not perfect, nothing�s perfect, but I�m telling you, ma�am, it�s a good start," Baucus said. "Mark my words, several years from now you�re going to look back and say, 'eh, maybe it isn�t so bad.�"
"Don�t think so," she replied. What? It's just statutory language, but it's a "good start"? And several years from now, we'll all have an epiphany and realize it isn't quite as bad as we thought?
Alrighty then. I'll check back with you . . . in several years.

Labels: , , , ,